Hey! Something slightly different from me today as I haven’t done a tag post before. I saw this one posted on A Bookish Chick and Ashleigh had kindly left it open-ended, so I thought I would have a go – head on over to her blog if you haven’t already!
1) What do you like about buying new books?
I can’t think of anything NOT to like about buying books! The excitement of protecting them all the way home so they don’t get damaged, finding new homes for them on my shelves and the smell (this is a thing, right?). I know it states new books but I’m also a fan of new-to-me books and knowing that someone has owned and loved the book before me.
2) How often do you buy new books?
The short answer is: too often! I have decided to try a ‘No Spend September’ though, so I may finally whip through some of my TBR before it grows again.
3) Bookstore or online book shopping: which do you prefer?
I choose bookstore every time. It’s so nice to be surrounded by all of the different books; it’s too easy to miss things online and you don’t get to hold the books until they arrive. Saying this, I have recently started using my Kindle again and it’s easy to fall into a one-click-buy rabbit hole for eBooks.
4) Do you have a favourite bookshop?
British Bookshops & Sussex Stationers and Waterstones always make me feel nostalgic as they were the ones I used to visit as a youngster. These days any bookshop is a treat and I love discovering new ones!
5) Do you pre-order books?
I do and everyone should if they can. Waiting for them always feels like an eternity though.
6) Do you have a monthly buying limit?
What’s this, how does it work and who enforces it?
7) How big is your wishlist?
Gigantic. Seeing all the upcoming releases for this week hasn’t helped either. I strongly believe it would be impossible to achieve all of my wishes in this lifetime – the list will always get bigger.
8) Which three books from your wishlist do you wish to own right now?
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig – I’ve heard such lovely things about this book it’s a must buy for me
- Little Bones by N V Peacock – This is a Halloween pre-order and I can’t wait for it to zip into my Kindle App
- The Winds of Winter by George RR Martin – It doesn’t exist in print. It’s not even finished yet. But I am desperate for it and I have waited *patiently* since before GoT went off
Does this classify me as a bookaholic? It might do.
See you all again soon x